- Designed for 'Hard Turning' with excellent accuracy and surface finish to replace Grinding.
- Most suitable for turning unhardened jobs having close tolerances.Very high Cp / Cpk can be achieved.
- Schneeberger (Germany) L.M.Rails with integrated Liner Measuring system (Magento-Resistive Type) with excellent repeatability (+0.7 Microns).Roller Guideways with medium preload on both axis for higher accuracy and machining strength.
- Spindle Assy. consists of higher preload with P4 Class super precision bearings from Fag ,Germany.
- Passive dampening system in the base consisting of compartments filled with Harcrete Mixture to absorb vibration and hence ,improving surface finish and enhancing tool life.
- Mono- block casting with "TORQUE TUBE DESIGN" for maximum RIGIDITY
As its name suggests, Altius 2540 is made for ‘Higher’ performance in terms of accuracy & surface finish, and is most suitable for ‘Hardturning’ to replace grinding and also for those un-hardened components which require very close tolerances. It is provided with extra rigid, vibration damping elements & has linear scales which ensure repeatability + 0.7 Microns.